Spring Drive: Outdoor Adventure Day, plus live music from the Badly Bent, and more!
Today is Outdoor Adventure Day, with generous support from a host of local businesses and adventure guides. Check out the bounty below:
Day Prize – SIX WINNERS (prizes from Backcountry Experience, Alpacka Raft, Four Corners Guides, Thom Chacon guided fly-fishing trip, Ska/Venture snowboard)
· PRIZE 1: $200 gift certificate to Backcountry Experience
· PRIZE 2: $200 gift certificate to Backcountry Experience
· PRIZE 3: Werner paddle from Alpacka
· PRIZE 4: Trip for two through Four Corners Guide Service. Four Corners Guides is a Mancos-based company that takes people on creative, human-powered, multi-sport adventures to remote regions of the Four Corners. They specialize in bike-packing, pack-rafting and bike-rafting. Unplug, play hard and discover more with Four Corners.
· PRIZE 5: Guided fly-fishing trip for two from Thom Chacon of Duranglers. Thom is a professional fly-fishing guide and an internationally-known singer/songwriter. Includes lunch. Rods, reels & terminal tackle are provided. If needed, boots and waders can be rented at Duranglers. Fishing license not included. Black-out dates are May through October. Value is $475.
· PRIZE 6: Ska/Venture limited edition snowboard. Venture only produces 10 of these handsome, commemorative snowboards for Ska each year.
Morning Prize – 2 Purgatory lift tickets plus $50 Bird’s gift card: (Drawn at noon)
· 2 lift tickets to Purgatory
· $50 gift card to Bird’s
Afternoon Prize – Bedrock Bag & King Cage water bottle cage: (Drawn at 4 p.m.)
· Bedrock bag is a handy tank bag that fits virtually any bike. Great for snacks, phones and other items you want easy access to while riding. Made in Durango! $70 value.
· Titanium King Cage water bottle cage with a vibrant rainbow fade, made in Durango by Agave Finishworks, which offers custom finishes, done by hand for your titanium bicycle or outdoor gear. Anodized, brushed, and bead-blasted finishes are on the menu, and personalized designs are available. Find out more about this Durango business at Agave Finishworks.com.
· Morning Edition – 8 a.m., Sam Perry, Fenceline Cider & horticulturist
· Morning Blend – 10 a.m., Brandon Mathis, Backcountry Experience, to speak about the Women’s Adventure Forum
· Afternoon Blend – 1:06 p.m. – Briggen Wrinkle, Executive Director of the Community Foundation Serving Southwest Colorado
· Afternoon Blend – 2:06 p.m. – KSUT Session with The Badly Bent, sponsored by Bank of the San Juans
· All Things Considered – 5 p.m. – Lizzy Scully & Steve Fassbinder, Four Corners Guides
Thanks to Absolute Bakery & Cafe for breakfast, and Bottom Shelf Brewery for lunch! And, thanks to our phone volunteers Pam McCarthy and Marcella Mosher.