KSUT is seeking a self-motivated independent contractor to join our team. The Festival Director will coordinate the newly acquired Four Corners Folk Festival and Pagosa Folk ‘N Bluegrass Festival. The position will also assist in production of KSUT's summer concert(s).
The position is an independent contract position, reporting directly to the KSUT Executive Director.
The position will average approximately 20-hours/week, year round and will be compensated at the rate of $3,000/month.
Responsibilities of the position include:
· Marketing: Print, web, social media, email blasts, press releases, regional radio partnering, website design & maintenance, app design & maintenance, poster design, etc.;
· Merchandise: Work with vendor to create and order festival merchandise
· Ticketing: Coordination of Eventbrite ticket sales and tracking;
· Volunteers: Management and coordination of all volunteer staff;
· Staff: Management and coordination of 11-13 seasonal employees;
· Vendors: Management and coordination of food and merchandise vendors;
· Administrative: Acquiring insurance, permits from town, any reports required by governmental agencies and/or KSUT Executive Director, negotiating contract for Reservoir Hill use, etc.;
· Financial: Work with KSUT Business Manager on all financial transactions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, etc.
· Lodging: Coordination of artist & contractor lodging and rider requirements
· Outside Services: Coordination and contracting of all festival vendors including but not limited to:
• Sound and lights (delivery, placement and pick up)
• Tent/chairs/infrastructure (delivery, placement and pick up)
• Portable toilets (delivery, placement and pick up)
• Trash and recycling (delivery, placement and pick up)
• Contact private land owner of the lower lots to reserve for parking and oversized RV camping
• Ice (delivery)
· Work collaboratively with prior Folkwest Director, who is under contract with KSUT for consultation services.
· Work collaboratively with contractor who is booking artists to coordinate marketing efforts, lodging for artists, etc.
· Work collaboratively with KSUT Development, Four Corners Public Radio, and Tribal Radio staff to coordinate on-air promotion and programming for the festivals.
Independent Contractor requirements:
· Extensive experience managing large-scale events.
· Experience with social, web, print and radio marketing and outreach.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks based on deadlines.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Preference for established local and regional relationships in the business and governmental community.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com or KSUT, Attention: Tami Graham, PO 737, Ignacio, CO 81137 by October 1, 2019.
KSUT Public Radio is a 501c3 non-profit organization, founded in 1976 by the Southern Ute Tribe. Located in Ignacio, Colorado, KSUT has two signals: Four Corners Public Radio and Southern Ute Tribal Radio. KSUT serves five counties in Southwest Colorado and Northwest New Mexico.